
...Here is a picture of me in my Marie-Antoinette-inspired wedding dress. I made it myself (and made terrible mistakes making it:I'd do a much better job if I could make it again). Oh, and this is taken under my favorite apple tree from my childhood home.
Comments
You look stunning; a timelessly beautiful maiden bride. What a classic photo! I think it's really neat that you made your wedding gown...
Pax Christi,
Claire
P.S. Just curious... how many years are you married?
God bless,
Claire(Mae's older sister)
I used polyester chiffon, but if I had to do it again, I'd use silk chiffon, especially now that I know places to get good deals on it (like dharmatrading.com). The dress was pretty, but it was *so hot* to wear in August in a reception hall that did *not* have air conditioning! Silk would have given it a more floaty texture like the dress Marie Antoinette is wearing in the picture below: though I believe her dresses were usually muslin.
And it's an apple tree.
Thanks for sharing the picture,
Mae
P.S. *wistful* Someday my Bear (or Fish) will come...
~Emily
I designed it myself, which is one reason why I made so many mistakes. :)
It does look like a painting :)