Writer's Cloister: Working on the Midnight Dancers


If you haven't heard from me for a while, it's because I'm working hard at trying to get Book Four in the Fairy Tale Novel series, The Midnight Dancers, out the door. It's hard but I'm enjoying it. I can't emphasize enough what a different kind of book it is from the "Snow White and Rose Red" trilogy. I sure hope people like it, even though there are no comas in it. (Joke!) Just so you stil know it's me writing, however, there are drugs. (Joke!) (Sorry, my running joke for years has been that people must think I can't write novels about anything but drugs and comas!)

Seriously, there is no mystery in this book, as there was in the first three, and that makes it a different book structurally. And it's a lot deeper philosophically. I don't know if it works: I hope it does. I'm always nervous when I do the final edits: but that's a good thing.

As always, your prayers really do help, so keep them coming if you can spare me some! Many thanks!

Oh, and to answer the most important question: it looks like we'll make our June 1st deadline for release. So hopefully you'll have a sweet fun book to read this summer!

Comments

Delaney said…
I'm praying for you, Regina! :D And it sounds like it's going to be great - I'm sure we'll love it! :D
Anonymous said…
Awesome! I can't wait!
Anonymous said…
So, I'm guessing the point of this post was to make us more excited than ever! However, I am disappointed. I mean, how can there even be a story without comas or drugs? (Of course, I'm joking - although I seriously didn't mind them in the Snow White & Rose Red trilogy.) *sigh* Now I just have to get all my schoolwork so I can enjoy Midnight Dancers with a clear conscience! (Because, schoolwork done or not, I'll still enjoy it!)
Keep up the wonderful work and I'll keep up the prayers!
~Mae
Anonymous said…
Regina thanks so much for your continual dedication to this book! you are in my prayers!Oh!... and I'm really excited for this book being really philosphical!
Anonymous said…
I can't wait! Will it be at the Illinois Homeschool conferance?
Elizabeth said…
I'm so excited! Hm... philosophical! Interesting!
Anonymous said…
YES!!!! I absolutely can not wait to read MD!!!!
Anonymous said…
Thank you for all the work....the book was awesome!

Popular Posts