Belatedly Breaking Dawn!

I just realized that my article on Breaking Dawn was published on HollywoodJesus.com back in January, and I never told you all! Here's the link to it, and an excerpt:

Stephenie Meyer took on the question of whether or not it’s worth it to be a human being and answered it with all the logic of a romance novel: not really. Better to be a vampire, with lots of money and designer clothes and a dangerous lifestyle with your soul-mate for eternity. The Twilight saga started out as a fantasy that could have been a novel about real things. It ended up being just another fantasy. read more...

I've promised a retrospective on the series that gives my overall take on the books, but it hasn't been published yet. I promise to let you know when it's posted -- hopefully earlier than three months later!

Comments

The Real Katie said…
Very good review! I left a comment on the site, too. :)

Popular Posts