See My Brother At Creation 09!

I almost can't believe it, but my lil' brother Martin Doman is going to be leading worship for the Catholic Mass at the Creation 09 music festival. For those of you who've never heard of it before, Creation is a massive Christian music festival held in the hills of Pennsylvania, sort of like an annual Woodstock for Christians that typically showcases the top Christian bands in the country. I remember when I was back in middle school, my best friend, an evangelical Christian, raving about what a wonderful time she had when she went to Creation with her church youth group. I never dreamed my brother would be on stage there one day! I've long ago stopped following Christian music but I still have a soft spot in my heart for it. I admit I still listen to and enjoy such golden oldie artists as Dion, Don Francisco and The Imperials (I know, I have no sense of what's cool in music! My numerous musician-siblings are constantly telling me that!). I'm amazed and heartened to hear that Creation now offers a Catholic Mass on site for Catholic participants: it seems we've come a long way in relations with our separated brethren. And I'm pleased that festival attendees will get a chance to enjoy the vibrant and reverent music my brother creates and sings. So if you were planning on going to Creation, you can say hi to my brother for me. He's asking for prayers on his website: so I'll join in asking you to say a prayer for him too!

Comments

Kristyn Hall said…
When I was young(er) all my friends who lived further east than I were all agog about Creation. It was more than fifteen years ago that my friend called me completely hoarse and tried to tell me all about it. (I couldn't understand a word!) I never realized there was a Mass said for the Catholic kids there. That's great. BTW, we were raised on the Imperials and love them. They came to my home church when I was a teenager (growing up in the Assemblies of God). It was a really big deal. Up on a shelf somewhere are a stack of Don Francisco and Imperials LP's. Boy, am I dating myself or what!:D
Anonymous said…
I love Christian Contemporary music! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make Creation 09, but it sounds wonderful! :)

Popular Posts