Very Sad News


I write with great sadness to tell you of the death of my friend Amy Welborn's husband, Michael Dubruiel. Yesterday at an Alabaman gym, Michael collapsed and could not be revived by paramedics.

I first knew Amy when she was a single mother writing columns and reviews for Our Sunday Visitor. She took an interest in my writing for teens and my novels, which her daughters enjoyed, and she was generous in recommending my books to others through her popular blogs back when every little bit of publicity I could get made a difference. I was thrilled when she married fellow Catholic writer Michael Dubruiel.
Between the two of them, they have authored over twenty books, separately and together, including Amy's popular book De-Coding Mary Magdalene and Michael's bestselling The How-To Book of the Mass. Their latest jointly-written book is John Paul II's Biblical Way of the Cross.

I can only imagine how the family has been devastated by the loss of this good husband and father, not to mention their breadwinner. I don't yet know of an address where donations could be sent, but I am sure that any would be appreciated: I will post if I can find one. In the meantime, I know that buying Michael's books would help them all through this difficult time period.

Michael Dubruiel was a man who put his whole life as much as possible for the service of Christ and His Church. May his soul rest in peace.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I will pray for his soul. The other night when we where praying the rosary when my mom told us that he had died.

Popular Posts